Here is a helpful checklist to assist you in preparing your home and/or cottage for winter weather.
- Check filter and change when required. (cost of filter not included)
- Check all safety controls.
- Review supply voltage and motor amperage
- Test the fan belt tension and inspect wiring for cracks or loose connections
- Inspect venting and temperatures
- Check electrical components and safety controls
- Check furnace fan motor and blower assembly
- Check heat exchanger for cracks
- Check burner tubes
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meter.
- Check and adjust all safety controls.
- Clean burners and controls.
- Clean and adjust pilot assembly.
- Adjust burner for efficiency.
- Clean flame rod.
- Check furnace amperage.
- Check for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check belt and adjust tension.
- Start up humidifier and open by-pass damper.
- Clear condensate drain.
- Inspect thermostat for proper operation.
- Turn exposed dampers to heating position, if marked (no balancing).
- Check that crankcase heater is operating.
- Check total performance and operating efficiency of heating system.
Let Our Experts Do The Work For You!
Request A Service Call Below